Help & Support
Where can I download or update the companiions app?
To download the latest version of the companiions app, go to the Google Play or Apple App Store and search for ‘companiions’ in the search bar.
Please make sure you’re always using the latest version. We often make improvements to our app, to keep bringing you useful new features. If you’re using an outdated version, we may not be able to offer you technical support.
If your device doesn’t support the most up-to-date version of our app, remember you can always book visits, send messages and access your visit details on the companiions website (coming soon), from your internet browser on any device (e.g. Chrome, Safari, or Firefox).
I haven't received a confirmation email. What should I do?
Go to our app and select the option to reset your password. Then enter your email address. You’ll receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Still not received an email? Make sure you check your spam folder. If you still can't find the email, contact us.
How do I create an account?
If you don't already have a companiions account, download our app on Google Play or the Apple App Store and follow the steps.
Or if you prefer, you can visit companiions.com on any device and click Get Started.
It’s free to sign up to companiions and you can use your email address.
Once you’ve signed up, make sure you complete your profile before organising or accepting visits.
How do I create my profile?
To create your profile, go to the profile area of your account.
Make sure you add a little about yourself, as well as your occupation, preferences and contact details. Upload a photo and, ideally, a video.
Remember, the more information you add to your profile the more successful bookings you’re likely to get.
Are you a companion? Find out more about creating a great profile.
Are you an organiser? Find out how to create a great profile.
What background checks do companions go through?
Your safety is our highest priority, whether you’re an organiser, a loved one, or a companion.
To find out more about our thorough vetting process, please visit our Trust & Safety page.
How do I contact companiions?
Please visit our Contact us page. We’re available every day from 9-5.
If we’re not able to get back to your message straight away, we’ll aim to reply within 24 hours.
If you have an emergency, please call emergency services.
How can I give feedback about companiions?
We love to hear from our community and we wake all feedback very seriously.
To send us feedback, please visit our Contact us page.
How do I read and send messages?
On companiions, an organiser and a companion can start messaging once an organiser sends a companion a visit request.
You’ll find your messages in your inbox. You must be logged in to your companiions account to read or send messages.
To read or send a message
- Go to Messages
- Click on a message thread to view existing messages or send a new one
To remove a message from your inbox
- Go to Messages
- Click companion or organiser
- Hover over the message thread you'd like to remove and select Archive
More about messaging
When you click on a message, you can read your conversation. You can also find the following information:
- Companion or organiser profiles including a description of the person and the number of reviews and verifications they’ve received
- Visit and payment details such as the date of the request, the duration of the visit, and a price breakdown
- ‘Events’ like visit confirmations and declines
- Any actions needed from you, including visit enquiries or requests (look for the prompts at the top of the screen, above your conversation)
If a message makes you feel uncomfortable, or if someone is rude, persistent or tries to get you to pay outside companiions, please contact us.
How do I contact the organiser?
If you’ve accepted a visit, you can get in touch with the visit organiser by going to Visits, finding and selecting the visit, and sending a message to the organiser.
You can also find the organiser’s email and phone number in the message thread for your visit.
If you need to follow up on something after a visit, you can send a message to the organiser from within Messages.
What are companiions’s standards?
To help keep our community safe and trusted, we’ve published our companiions standards for all companions, organisers and end users to read.
Our aim is to help everyone within the companiions community better understand what you can expect from us, and what we expect from you.
Take a look at our standards here:
- Please respond to messages promptly and accurately, especially when you’re on a visit
- Don’t break commitments unless it’s absolutely necessary
- Keep communicating clearly, so if you have to break a commitment or be late, the other side knows in advance and understands
- Be honest about who you are and who you’re representing
- Make sure all the information on your profile, and within your requirements and in your messages, is true and correct
- If you’re an organiser, you must disclose any relevant information or requirements (e.g. if your loved one has a specific condition)
- If you’re a companion, you must be honest about your experience, ability and skills to make sure you’re able to complete the visit requests you receive and to ensure your price is fair
- You mustn’t engage in any threatening or abusive behaviour or any form of illegal activity
- If you perform any action that suggests an intent to harm anyone, companiions will report you to law enforcement
- If you’re an organiser, you must ensure the home the companion is going to visit is a safe environment – if there are any dangers present at the property (animals, weapons, etc.) you must declare these
- Always treat everyone with respect – we have a zero tolerance policy against discriminatory or hateful behaviour
- If you’re reported to have been bullying, harassing or treating anyone differently because of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities, your account will be frozen
- Always respect others’ property, belongings and information
- Never take property that isn’t yours, use someone’s property without their permission, copy others’ keys or identity documents, damage others’ property, or remain at visits after the visit is set to end
- Never threaten anyone with bad ratings or any other penalty or harm to get compensation or other benefits
- You should not make transactions outside of the companiions payments system, commit booking fraud or credit card fraud or launder money, attempt to drive traffic to other sites or market unrelated products, divert payments meant for others, abuse our referrals system, or make false claims against other members of the community
- You should not spy on other people – cameras are not allowed at visits unless they are previously disclosed and visible, and they are never permitted in private spaces (such as bathrooms or sleeping areas)
- You should not access others’ accounts without authorisation or violate others’ privacy, copyrights or trademarks
How are the companiions standards enforced?
We take enforcement decisions extremely seriously. Every enforcement decision is the result of careful and detailed work by a team of experts devoted to ensuring we make the right call.
Our responses to violations of these policies have been and will continue to be based on the seriousness of the issue at hand.
We strive to take the circumstances of each situation into account, but we have limited discretion in our response to serious violations of companiions’s policies.
What can I do if I disagree with an enforcement decision?
Our teams are made up of dedicated experts, but they’re still human. So, in rare cases, enforcement decisions may be incorrect.
If you disagree with a decision we’ve made, you can contact us and we’ll re-review the decision carefully.
How does companiions help build trust between companions and organisers?
We strive to give organisers and companions the information and tools they need to make informed decisions about who they interact with on the companiions app and website.
Within companiions, you’ll find a number of features that help build trust and nurture a transparent community marketplace. These include secure messaging and our reviews system, as well as our ID verification and public liability insurance.
Remember, communicating or paying outside companiions can put you, others, and our business at risk. If you’re reported to have communicated with or approached another companiions user outside of companiions, you’ll be removed from our platform. If you’re a companion, this will limit your ability to get work. If you’re an organiser, this will make it harder for you to arrange safe, trusted companionship for your loved ones.
If there’s an emergency situation, or if you feel threatened by an organiser, companion or end user, please contact the relevant emergency services immediately.
You can do your bit to keep our community safe by reporting any suspicious or inappropriate activity you come across, whether you spot something on someone’s profile, in a visit description, or within a message. If in doubt, contact us.
Read more about the tools we use to help verify people’s information here and discover safety tips for companions and organisers here